TOUR 3A - MOUNT TARAWERA/WAIMANGU THERMAL VALLEY - "ERUPTION TRAIL TOUR"
- Duration: 30 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Rotorua, New Zealand
Above Tarawera views of cavernous craters reveal the power of what was the largest eruption in New Zealand’s living memory. The 1886 eruption devastated the local area including our famous Pink and White Terraces once claimed as the eighth wonder of the world. Included in the flight is our stunning lakes district and aerial views of the Waimangu thermal Valley and its vibrant Inferno Crater and Frying Pan Lake. Returning to Rotorua our descent takes us past the Whakarewarewa thermal reserve and over the city before landing on Lake Rotorua.
(Flight time approx 30 minutes)
- All flights depart from the Rotorua City Lakefront, Memorial Drive
- This flight operates with a minimum of 2 adult fares
- Children under 2 are free of charge, children aged 2-11 years pay a child fare (which is 75% of the adult fare)
To make a booking within the next 24 hours, please call our office on +64 7 348 9984 or 0800 800 848 (Free call within NZ)